View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 05:12 PM   #12
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It seems I wasted my time writing post #8 advising you exactly how to fix your TXT file in about 10 seconds. You seem to be hung up on CR and LF which are a non-issue.
No, you did not waste your time. In fact , I had read the link info and examined your markdown attachment carefully. I meant to thank you for your effort but something got in between - lazy maybe.

My original reply was to Kovid. After reading the documentation this statement made me wonder; "by default calibre only groups lines in the input document into paragraphs. The default is to assume one or more blank lines are a paragraph boundary:" Here is my quibble - why group lines into only paragraphs. Why not into paragraphs and single lines? It is certainly possible and then markdowns would only be necessary if you wanted to add other basic formatting.

By the way, showing that it could be done was what all that focus on CR and LF was all about - which was the issue.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote