View Single Post
Old 04-18-2013, 03:57 AM   #399
CheriePie
Connoisseur
CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.CheriePie got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy S23+, Galaxy Tab S6
So I'm playing around with the best conversion options for this particular book I received from the publisher in PDF format.

The options that produce the best options for reading on my paperwhite so far are

-mode fw -dev kpw -ls- -mb 0.25 -mt 0.25

However the cover image is now being split across 2 pages so I tried to add -f2p -1 to the command line as well, but that causes all the other pages to lose their "fit to width" formatting. And then some pages, often the ones that are the beginning of a new chapter, are even more compressed. And as far as I can tell, there aren't even any images on any of those other pages (unless the chapter marker is an image instead of text) so I don't know why the addition of the f2p option would cause all the other pages in the PDF to change too.

Also, I read a few pages back that Vanilla was trying to get k2pdfopt to recognize chapter breaks and keep the existing page breaks there. Were you able to accomplish that? I'd love to have that. But if not, I'll try to run the resulting PDF through Calibre to do that.

Finally, I discovered that k2pdfopt doesn't like filenames with parenthesis in the name. I had to remove the parenthesis so that the program wouldn't error out.

Anyhoo, let me know if you want me to PM you the PDF I'm trying to work with. It's copyrighted so I can't post it here. Though maybe you can just figure out what's going on based on my description above... so I'll wait to hear back from you before sending it along.

Thanks!
CheriePie is offline   Reply With Quote