View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #25516
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Oh, oh, what a night
Oh what a garden of delight
Even now that sweet memory lingers
I was playin' my guitar
Lying underneath the stars
Just thankin' the lord for my fingers
For my fingers

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxdlEGKHSXk )

Good morning, everyone. Up late last night playing music with my friends and watching all the different fireworks going up over the city. Some were set off in the field next the the building, and did their thing right outside our windows. I was a bit worried that the shock waves would break the window. I've never seen such a close-up view of a 'fire flower,' (the Japanese name for fireworks!

It's more Twinings this morning... The more I drink it, the more I don't like it. But thankfully, now that I have a bike I can get to one of the Import supermarkets and buy some 'real' tea... I hope. 5 years ago they were selling Taylors of Harrogate and Fortnum & Mason teas. I hope they still are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Stitchy - I'm going to order a gross of those traps! And sit on the deck listening for their *click* *shriek*
Do they need bait?
I'm afraid Charlie is right... You have to be the bait. I bought this trap in a tourist gift shop on an Ojibwa reservation just above Lake Superior (if my memory still works...) You may find some on the Cherokee res west of Asheville.

Or... take some yeast/sugar/water and put them in a plastic 2-liter bottle with the top 'cone' cut off and turned upside down and taped back on. This forms a funnel that the mosquitoes can fly down in search of the Co2 they are smelling, and because of the funnel shape, get trapped inside. A couple of these traps spaced out around your deck will keep you from blood-letting.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote