View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #26
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I like what I see so far, and the Nook has potential its just the settings etc are much more basic than on the Kindle, so many things I take for granted as standard i can't do on the Nook. The Kindle functionality is cleaner and can do more generally. For me its just the PDF reflow is the one thing the Nook has that the Kindle doesn't.

If Nook want to play with Amazon they need to up their game with the software as well as the hardware.
I agree they could improve on the menu options. My only gripe is that you cannot alter the page refresh rate. I think I read in a review that it's set to refresh every 6 pages. I wish you could set it to refresh every page (like you can on the kindle) as there is a bit of ghosting. I know some prefer to have it set at every 6 pages so they don't get the black flash, but I hardly notice it and prefer it to ghosting.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote