View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 02:20 PM   #11
rplantz
rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rplantz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer A500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Note, anyway, that PDF does not mean letter/A4 size pages. You can create a PDF with a page size of 9×12cm and almost no margins, that would be quite readable in most devices.
My current book, written with LaTeX, was designed for 8-1/2 x 11, double-sided printing. When I first made the pdf available, students pointed out that the margins were too wide, and the binding gutter was a hassle. With a little arithmetic, I gave the pdf version 0.1" uniform margins but kept the pagination the same as with the print version. So the professor can refer to a page number, and that works for both the pdf and paperback versions.

--Bob
rplantz is offline   Reply With Quote