View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 06:09 PM   #10
chamekke
Groupie
chamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavenschamekke is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
I was plagued with this. Frequently, but not always, when adding a highlight, my k3 would appear to freeze, but if I waited long enough (90-120 secs, usually), it would return to life. If I got impatient and rebooted, the highlight or bookmark would have been saved. It also seems to be related to the size of your library. Mine is at 1200+ books.

Use debug and turn off indexing - details are in the forums somewhere. I did this in Feb, and have had no problem since then. BTW, this is not persistant. If you reboot your kindle, you will have to reset the no-indexing flag.
I've had the same problem with highlighting books... fine for the first few, then after that it begins to freeze up. I'd pretty much given up on highlighting.

Will try waiting longer before giving up and attempting a reboot. Thanks for the advice!
chamekke is offline   Reply With Quote