View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 01:11 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
ade extra stylesheets & page layouts

i recently liberated a couple of free-to-buy books ( in order to tweak) that contained "professional" styling courtesy of Adobe.

easily recognised as they have 2 stylesheet links per page with lots of what seems to be boiler plate styles for everything possible on the extra stylesheet.

now to my eyes the extra styling just looks bad on an e-reader device. the body text is surrounded by big margins on all sides and in at least one case it is also aligned left, not justified. thus lots of wasted white space on the reader screen. Chapter title styling is of baroque complexity

is there a case FOR styling like this & I'm just not used to it, or is it really intended only for printed editions & left in due to publisher laziness ?

PS the extra stylesheet is called called page-template.xpgt. do all ADE books contain this & is it the same in every book ?

(I zap the extra stylesheet link with find/replace - it only seems to control page borders, then re-run through calibre to add sensible @page defaults everywhere )

Last edited by cybmole; 04-19-2011 at 01:38 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote