View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 03:35 PM   #28
queentess
Reading is sexy
queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.queentess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
Ho hum indeed... seek and ye shall find... just what I want, a piece of fiction accompanied by loads of irrelevant "historical" video with an irritating commentary... thanks queentess, now I can easily avoid this site and its content
Do you commonly keep a list of sites that you wouldn't normally stumble across?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcreative View Post
When I read, i want to relax in peace and quiet with just the author's and my shared imagination... probably OK for some of the instructional stuff but leave my fiction alone...
That's a perfectly valid opinion, and one that you and I share. I like to read without distraction. But if done correctly, it wouldn't be a distraction. How is it all that different from how we read and interact with content on the internet? It's perfect for "instructional stuff": imagine learning to knit from a 'book' without needed a separate dvd, or learning how to cook and prepare food, or how to perform certain exercises. Imagine, if you will, the "pop-up video" of books. Sure, I wouldn't want to read this way all the time, but that doesn't mean it's somehow inferior to straight reading.
queentess is offline   Reply With Quote