View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #5
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_boiled View Post
The first thing I tried when I started having the problem was deleting the .opf files. However, that doesn't work -- it looses all of the metadata. None of the books show up in search by series.

I know that the metadata is supposed to be in the .epub file as well, but maybe calibre isn't putting it in the .epub -- maybe it is just stashing it in the .opf? I'm not sure. I'll try loading up some of my .epubs in a Sigil and see what metadata is there.
Perhaps I didn't explain well enough. When you add Series info to a book in calibre it is stored in the .opf file, but the epub itself is not updated.

When using calibre's Save-to-disk or Send-to-device the metadata contained in the calibre .opf file is used to update the metadata contained inside the epub's internal opf file - where your reading device should be able to find it.

However, using your PC's operating system copy and/or drag-drop will not do this metadata updating, consequently your epub may not contain all the calibre metadata (e.g. Series), therefore your reading device will not see it. No reading device is capable of directly reading the individual BookName.opf files contained in the calibre book directories, so there is no point copying them.

Last edited by jackie_w; 08-30-2013 at 07:32 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote