View Single Post
Old 05-12-2011, 11:11 AM   #1
MikeFromMesa
Enthusiast
MikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheeseMikeFromMesa can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook Color
Converting Russian books for the Nook Color

I know there are other threads concerning this topic on this forum, but they are mostly old and I have gotten no response from replies on them. And I am starting to get somewhat desperate...

My wife, who reads Russian, has asked for an ebook reader for her birthday. There are plenty of readers that support the Cyrillic character sets available, but I happen to like the Nook Color. It is light, easy to carry, supports microsd cards, has web access and now it has its own (limited) Android Market. But it does not support the Cyrillic character set. I have done considerable research trying to solve this problem and understand that if she wants to read an fb2 (European) public domain book from the web I need to convert it to ePub format and I need to embed the fonts. But I do not know how to make that work.

I have tried to follow some of the explanations on this forum (as well as others), but none seem to actually work for me. Either the explanations are incomplete or my understanding is incomplete (or both).

I have tried converting with Calibre. Conversion works, but book is unreadable on NC. I have tried converting with Calibre and editing with Sigil, but the instructions for modifying the stylesheet and adding the fonts fail Validation.

So I thought I would try posting a new thread and hope that someone could give me some specifics. Help!

Thanks in advance.
MikeFromMesa is offline   Reply With Quote