View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by frabjous View Post
Are you embedding fonts in them? (Can you embed fonts in an RTF?) If not, then you're just getting the default serif and sans-serif fonts for Times and Arial respectively on your reader. You're not getting Times and Arial.

Part of the problem is that the Sony does not use "true bold" for making bold characters. It just darkens the character in the font as it is. This tends to work better for sans serif fonts than for serif fonts.
I'm not sure if you can embed fonts in Microsoft Word? I just highlight all the text and pick a font type and then the size.

I have noticed the bolded text looks more natural in Arial than Times New Roman. When I create LRF files the bolded font with Times New Roman looks more natural thought, it's just the RTF that looks odd.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote