Thread: MobileRead Discussion: Three Men in a Boat
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2009, 06:00 PM   #6
CharlieBird
¿Huh?
CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CharlieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HiSense A7 CC, Fire HD6, Kobo Libra2
I read through Chapt. 13 when I began to feel as though I were rowing in place! Bob pretty much described my take on it...liked the river/locks parts; the scenes along the banks. The three chaps...overdone, boring, and the dog a dud. Not my idea of a classic though it may be better a chapter or two at a time.

I did run across this poll (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2138...-All-Time.html) putting Three Men in a Boat 49th on a list of 50 greatest novels of all time, so maybe I'm missing something. I cannot see it on the same list with To Kill a Mockingbird, Catch 22, To the Lighthouse, or any of the other 30 or so on the list that I have read or am familiar with. Or even a list of 500+ others that I should read!
d
hope the italics come out right. It's the first time I've tried using them.
CharlieBird is offline   Reply With Quote