View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 10:08 AM   #6
Shykat
Groupie
Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shykat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, iPad Mini, my PC and Galaxy Tab A :)
Cdsja5: I do prefer Stanza for all the different features that it has. I just worry about liking it too much again and then having it not work once iOS6 is released. I used to use Stanza about 5 years ago. After I got my first smart phone that was an Android, I switched to reading on it and used Aldkio. Now I have my very first iPhone and loaded Stanza first thing. Then I read that Amazon had bought Stanza and had basically killed it. I think they were jealous of how popular the program was and bought it to get rid of competition for their Kindle reader. Personally, there is no comparison in the quality and features between the two programs. Stanza won hands down each time.

Now, I'm switching between Apabi, BlueFire and iBooks as I try them all out to see which one I will like best for when Stanza no longer works in the new OS. Apabi actually does have the feature that I really like and that is sort by ADDED DATE. In List view it also has a nice slider bar that shows you how far you are into the book. If the bar is all blue, you have complete the book. BlueFire and iBooks don't have the ability to mark a book as READ or how much you have read like Stanza and Apabi.

Kyteflyer: Yup, I have no idea why SugarSync worked just fine the first time and now it doesn't for the ebooks.

DropBox is super easy and I'll probably stick with the free account as, thankfully, ebooks are nice and small. I would love more of the free space just "in case". Currently, after answering most of the questions they have, I am up to 2.42. I just need some friends to sign up for it now, too, using my personal code so I can get a bit more. HEHE Anyone wanting to give DropBox a try, please use my code and we both will get an additional 500 megs of free space: http://db.tt/L135c2pO

I did read about another cloud service that sounded great as they have unlimited storage but they are expensive at $19.95USD/month after the 14 day free trial.

I'm glad to hear that dropbox behaves! When I travel, I usually am where there is wifi to use for the data transfer so it should be easy to get more books onto the phone when I need it.
Shykat is offline   Reply With Quote