View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 12:48 PM   #121
janvanmaar
Addict
janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.janvanmaar has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3G, Samsung SIII
Quote:
Plus with tweaks you can put a giant comment next to it explaining all the options and variations when they are complex as is the case with the search the internet and the one I am working on.
The plugin customization does nothing else than poping up a dialog with a description (analogy to a comment in tweaks) and one input field (analogy to a tweak variable assignment). If the comment is really giant then it may not fit into the default size dialog but the dialog size can always be resized by the user simply by dragging.
Quote:
For future reference though is there an example somewhere I could look at?
You can have a look at the SSH plugin - that is actually perhaps a bit more complex example already because I wanted to have default values pre-filled in the input field + I wanted several input values, so I employed some basic parsing for that. I guess for your plugins you typically only need 1-2 input values and no default value appearing in the input field in which case the use is very simple. I actually found out about the plugin customization from the documentation, it is well explained there.

Basically the only major restriction is just one input field (at the moment)

Last edited by janvanmaar; 12-20-2010 at 12:51 PM.