View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 09:32 AM   #6
lack
Zealot
lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.lack has never been to obedience school.

Device: PRS-650
thing is, you thing too much... * sorry, can't help it ^^

My colleague at work brought his newly bought kindle 3, and I tried highlighting in it (u know.. press up to get to your desired line, click, move to the end.. etc)
I can't imagine doing that all the time.

Then I saw this youtube video and I'm completely sold on annotating, highlighting, simple handwritten notes, and tapping to dictionary.

When you mention handwriting, do you refer to handwriting recognition?
Cause the worlds' best minds been at it since god knows when, but still lacking till now. And there is usable enough software out there, I believe reader's spec won't be enough to run it.

So, I'm with you about the need of good note-taking solution on readers, but I just don't see the future yet in handwriting. If only they provide some sort of on screen keyboard, like ipad, iphone and android. Anybody see swype?
lack is offline   Reply With Quote