View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 06:32 AM   #150
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
What is the save template you are using? There is something that happens with a save template that includes series info and books that don't have series. But, I haven't seen it set the series on the device.
My SaveTemplate does include Series info
Code:
Books/{author_sort} - {series}{series_index:0>2s| | - }{title}
I also have a metadata plugboard remapping Author in case that's relevant.
Quote:
Could you run a debug session? Send a book without series info, disconnect, set the debug title in the driver options to the book name, restart in debug mode and reconnect. Then send me the log.
OK, but I'll remove the save template/plugboard variables first and see how that goes.

Quote:
Do these have multiple authors?
Neither of the 'no longer detected' books have multiple authors. Only one of my current books on the Glo has multiple authors but it has no series and does have the 'series set to first char of title' problem.

Quote:
What I can do is to change the "Set series info" option to "Set other metadata". Then have it set the series info, publisher, published date and ISBN ... Opinions anyone?
That would be nice to have but don't put it high on your to-do list on my account.

Here is some extra info:
All the books are standard epub with no DRM.

In case my problems are self-inflicted perhaps this is also relevant. Whilst the normal workflow would be:
1. Connect and send-to-disk
2. Disconnect and let reader process new books.
3. Repeat connect/disconnect
I have been adding a semi-automated process (not via calibre code) between 1 and 2. For each newly-sent book on the Kobo disk
- open epub
- append kobo-specific css to existing css file
- rebuild epub in situ
Both file date/time and filesize will therefore increase slightly. Understanding the logic of how things work, can you see why this might cause problems? I would add that I have been doing this for months on fw v2.1.5 with no apparent problems.

I also tried adding my extra process after connecting for a 3rd time, but on disconnect the Glo deleted all updated epubs. This method also used to work OK on v2.1.5

I don't expect the Kobo driver to be changed to accommodate my niche requirements but some understanding of problems I may be creating for myself would be appreciated. I can probably find a workaround if I have to.

I'll send the logs later today.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote