View Single Post
Old 12-18-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
jhudock
jhudock began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Ipad
Quote:
There are quite a few reader apps in Android that on the surface fit your bill. I use Moon+Reader Pro and it supports epub, pdf, mobi, chm, cbr, cbz, umd, fb2, txt, html, rar, zip or OPDS formats. I only use it for epub so I can't speak to how well it handles the other formats. A couple of key points about the app.
Thanks. I'll give it a try. I have an Ipad but my daughter has an Asus which currently Aldiko installed, which is supposed to handle Calibre, but won't connect due to some known bug. (And it doesn't handle mobi). It does seem like it has most of what I'm looking for. (Maybe I'll trade my Ipad for my daughter's Asus ;-)

Quote:
I do not have any trouble connecting MegaReader to the Calibre Content server. If there are issues for you then it might be worth contacting the MegaReader developer (Patrick Thompson) for help as I have found him responsive to getting any identified bugs fixed.
It used to work, but then stopped, when I try to access Calibre it gives me a library read error. (That said, it still only supports Epub and pdf. DoctorOhh's suggestion of Moon-Reader seems like its much closer to what I'm looking for).

Last edited by jhudock; 12-18-2012 at 03:30 PM.
jhudock is offline   Reply With Quote