View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #621
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
1) Many Apple consumers blindly purchase Apple products without critical and objective analysis and thought.

2) Many Apple consumers are "Sh-----"

Answer me this: Is it then OK to make statement 1 but not statement 2?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatNY View Post
Both statements 1 & 2 are expressions of personal views. The latter part of statement 1 is the very definition of the term used in statement 2. So how can statement 1 be OK but not statement 2?
Because the latter part of statement 1 is not the definition of the term used in in statement 2.
Quote:

The Online Slang Dictionary

sheeple
  • A combination of sheep with people. Used to describe a group of followers.
  • It refers to the mindless masses that go about their lives like drones and don't question anything they hear from the mass media. They fall in line with every popular trend or theory of the time and worship American celebrity with utter devotion.
Objective means not influenced by personal feelings or opinions, subjective means influenced by personal feelings or opinion. Did you mean to say without subjective analysis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjallenupthehill View Post
If they were physical buttons, of course, but the fact that they are smooth touch buttons means that they appear as decoration, kind of like the logo. Why, if Samsung thought that 3 buttons were necessary didn't they add three identical ones? Why not 3 physical buttons, or 3 touch buttons? I mean honestly, if you were designing a phone, and you thought you needed 3 buttons, would you really choose to make them different? You can construct all sorts of plausible arguments to explain this, but in the context that everything else looks so much like the iPhone, it's difficult to come to any other conclusion that it's a blatant copy.
Why would they have to be the same? They serve different functions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
They sued 18 months ago, just before the release of the S II.
I would guess that because of the importance of Samsung as a supplier they tried to resolve it quietly first, but that is only a guess.

This has been going on for 18 months? The lawyers must be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Given that the head-and-shoulders icon is one of the most common representations of contact lists I've seen (the other being a phone book image), same as handset icons (either speakers down or at an \ angle) is the normal icon for making an outgoing call, or the circle with a short vertical line is the most common for power off/shut down, I really doubt it has anything to do with Apple.
I completely agree, but I think that holymadness is commenting on the fact that the iphone was used as comparison. If the person who made the presentation would have made slides with hundreds on phones where a handset on green background are used as call logo and the contact list has the head-and-shoulders icon this wouldn't have been an issue.