View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012, 04:41 PM   #11
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
as sigil is basically a preparation tool for putting epub onto e-readers, surely the important question is how will e-readers handle this (rare?) font, if specified....

....& I guess the answer is that in most cases they will ignore it / replace it with one of their one..

so is this a genuine issue or a "how many angels on a pinhead" debate ?
As I said, the problem isn't restricted to Sigil. Calibre also has this rendering problem. Which is precisely why i'm trying to determine the cause: so I can know whether I need to worry about this rendering issue translating to ereaders, and how to avoid it. In any case, I'm not arguing with anyone here—it's not a debate; I'm simply asking a question.

I've attached a sample file. While I was creating the sample, I noticed that when there was only a single paragraph in the document, it rendered without problems. Only when further paragraphs were added did the right-margin go to the dogs.
Attached Files
File Type: epub SAMPLE.epub (7.0 KB, 284 views)

Last edited by ElMiko; 07-22-2012 at 04:44 PM.
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote