View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #10
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Read the samples. It's annoying but it's really one of the few preventative measures available. Another might be finding people on Goodreads (or similar) with similar tastes. Also, GR has "Readers also Enjoyed" with each listing. It's time consuming and may be just more convenient to spring for the $0.99 purchase.

Amazon reviews I ignore except for the 1-star. GR's reviews are a little more discerning because price complaints are minimal but they will have fewer indie items reviewed.

Personally, I've attempted only 3 indies. Finished one; rated it 3 stars. One wasn't to my taste and the other was terrible. It was historical fiction that told it's readers that there were no British people in colonial America.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote