View Single Post
Old 08-16-2013, 05:51 AM   #87
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Where will he get his "national police"? The NaPo will be recruited from "young out-of-work urban men" and it will be hailed as a cure for the economic malaise of the inner cities.
It sounds like Mr. Card is suggesting that we'll have our own young Nazi group in the U.S. Of course as I remember it (from history class) the situation in post world war I Germany was quite a bit different than here in the U.S. We haven't been forced to sign a treaty with the victors of a war nor is money so worthless as to have lost all value (to my knowledge). It sounds like paranoia on Mr. Card's part.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote