View Single Post
Old 04-28-2013, 10:38 AM   #76
Sil_liS
Wizard
Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sil_liS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 903 & 360+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
I seem to have forgotten the earlier part of the exchange in which sakura-panda either hadn't or failed to specify she had checked the amount of internal memory in the Epic 4G prior to buying one. My interpretation was based on the more immediate exchange which took place today, so I appreciate the clarification.

I find it hard to believe anyone considering a Galaxy S phone at that time could have avoided reading about its limited memory on sites like Gizmodo and Android Central. Ditto Sprint's rather spotty network penetration -- all of that was common knowledge.
My parents never read anything about the phones that they buy. They have a shop that they like, and they have loyalty points from Vodafone that they can use to get a discount on phones. They decide on which phones they buy in the shop.

Quote:
However, the mere mention of a product's being the flagship should not be taken to mean the person saying so has failed to examine the specs carefully.
I know. I got the impression that this was the case from the fact that she replied with 'no' when I asked if she read the amount of memory on the box.

Quote:
It can mean, however, that the user is more interested in processor speed and added features than avoiding practical limitations which can impair the functionality of a device. I've been guilty of that myself, but then again, my uses are so specific that I haven't even bothered to replace my Epic 4G, which I intend to do when I move this summer and possibly switch to T-Mobile if coverage allows.
It is absolutely fine if someone is primarily interested in other features.

Here's the thing: her husband had this phone for 6 months when she bought her own. She would have been familiar with its performance to some extent. Either the memory was an issue or it wasn't. If it was an issue, then I don't understand why she got it, when there are new phone models being introduced all the time. If it wasn't an issue when she got it, when did it become one?

Also: looking at it I see that the Epic 4G was released September 2010. She got it 6 months later and had it for 18 months, which brings us to September 2012 and it means that she had her iPhone for 7 months.
Sil_liS is offline   Reply With Quote