View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 04:09 PM   #33
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsi View Post
Amazon offered Kindle editions of the first two books in the series for free -- which I "purchased" on 6 June. This was a promotion in advance of releasing the 6th book in the series. I have since purchased Kindle editions of #3 and #4, but I'm stymied because #5 is not available for the Kindle.

Now, I find it easier to forgive TOR for giving us book #1 in lots of series with *none* of the follow-on books available. I can't figure out why in the world St. Martin has chosen to release 1-4 and 6 but not #5. Makes no sense at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
You do know Kindle has them all now, right Elsi?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_ki...+Flesh&x=0&y=0
All RIGHT! They finally filled in the gap. I'll be sure to buy it to reward them for following through. (I also clicked the "I want this book on my Kindle" link on the page for the paper book.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
(One thing I'm curious about is who actually prepares the Kindle versions Amazon offers. My guess is Amazon, not the original publisher.)
Me too. These particular books are in the infamous "Topaz" format and are full of eggregious errors. I'll take some screen captures to show you what I mean. I plan to send some feedback to Amazon's Kindle support to indicate that these books have such poor production quality. Since I did enjoy the stories, I'm not going to clamor for my money back, but I would appreciate getting an updated & improved copy.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote