View Single Post
Old 01-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #69
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I see.
I wish I could do that. While I have figured out some formatting in an epub file, most code lines are arcane to me. It's not my strong point LOL.
However the problem remains. If a retail book has errors in it, it should not be up to the buyer to worry about the fixing. Perhaps the problem is due to the fact that ebooks as a popular medium is a relatively young phenomenon and that given time those errors hopefully will be less and less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silasgreenback View Post
A copy can be formatted horribly and turned into "retail" quality in no time flat. With most, all you really need to know is how to join split lines, find & replace, insert blank lines after carriage returns, and then have a working knowledge of Calibre.

With the new heuristics controls, it's even more of a cinch.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote