Thread: Library Ebooks
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 05:16 PM   #27
Illinifan
Connoisseur
Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Illinifan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 4, iPhone 4, iPod touch, Sony PRS 300
I have access to multiple libraries that have ebooks for download. The State of Ohio funded their e-libraries project a couple of years ago. Based on where I live, I have access to the Dayton Metro Library which has its own collection (audio and ebooks) and the Greene County Public Library which is part of a consortium that has its own unique collection.

I looked for a thread to discuss library ebooks because I am frustrated by the DRM on them. As a previous poster said, I can only read my ebooks on my PCs due to the DRM. Stanza chokes when I try to move them to my iPod touch.

Based on what I've read, though, there appears to be hope. Has someone been able to get rid of the DRM on library ebooks so they can be read on mobile platforms, most especially the iPod touch/iPhone?
Illinifan is offline   Reply With Quote