View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #10
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by erik_b View Post
Hello Nate,

I feel compelled to answer you yet again. This is Erik Bryant, Director of Sales and Service for Foxit.

I'm not sure if you know, but we've had a special media price available and you can contact me for that. We shipped many review units to people including individuals and companies.

It's really a shame that you bad mouth Foxit at every chance you get(you actually apologized for it the last time). And also, giving your opinion without using the device is unprofessional. We had hoped that people who write reviews and opinions would actually use the device first.

-Erik Bryant
Let's try rewriting that. Something like:

Hello Nate,

I'm very sorry that our publicity and marketing department has not sent your review unit yet. Though we are still setting up, we like to think we generally keep better track of our customers than this. We are very sorry that our delay in shipping out this unit meant that time constraints forced your first review to be made in the absence of real experience with the device--not least because we realize this is probably not the way you prefer to do business, and we understand the frustration it must have caused to have a deadline approaching and no device in hand.

However I am happy to say that I personally saw your review unit packed and in the mail this morning; its UPS tracking number is 1234567890. In view of the unfortunate misunderstanding, we are not requesting the return of the device when your review period is over; we hope you will accept it as our gift.

We value your opinion and would be happy to hear any suggestions you might have as a result of your hands-on experience with the device. While the Foxit is no longer the cheapest unit on the market, we feel its superior build quality and user interface are worth the modest extra cost. We have taken steps to improve quality control with our batteries, and believe we have licked the battery-draining episodes. We are aware of the problem with deleting files from the device itself and are working on a firmware update to provide that capability. We hope to have eReader DRM working with the same firmware update. We tentatively expect to have this ready by the end of June, but if any problems turn up it may be longer; we will let you know as soon as possible what the "firm" firmware update-date is, so to speak.

Thank you for your time, and I look forward to the opportunity to read your second review.

Yours--
---------------------------------
Yes, that looks more like a letter that might get the Foxit 1) a thorough try and 2) a second, hands-on review. At least, to me.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote