View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Fed up with conversion issues on Sony reader

I have a Sony PRS-500 and I am using it to read my ebook collection (free ebooks, various formats: txt, rtf, pdf).
My problem is that no matter what I do the conversion to LRF ends up with very crappy results. Line breaks are not where they should be, multiple paragraphs are joined and I get incomplete pages cut in half in the middle of a sentence. If I do not convert and use rtf / txt, it is a pain too with variable line lengths, inappropriate line and page breaks.

I AM FED UP.

I am looking for a Reader that has decent conversion software that actually can convert into a usable format. Are the readers that have html support any better in this regard?

I really do not understand in this day and age why cannot we have a firmware that can handle multiple formats properly. Or at least a decent conversion tool added with the reader. I appreciate the effort that some people have put into free conversion software, but nonetheless the conversion is not working properly.

Last edited by BlackVoid; 04-02-2008 at 04:26 PM.
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote