View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 05:56 PM   #13
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvanleterrible
Beware! ... Buying tools is an addiction!
Yes, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt. Tim
I breifly considered the book safe approach but concluded that the end result would be too large for my liking.

the aesthetic is definitely better though because you get the added look of pages, but all in all i'm happy with what i have. I'm thinking of finding a way of doing faux pages with small strips of wood, but will have to wait till i visit the parents so i can use their tools.
The important thing is that you have a solution that you like and that works for you. For me, the biggest advantage of the hollow book approach is that because it looks like it's just a book, nobody's going to bash in a car window coming after it, someone walking by my cube at work isn't going to lift it, and luggage handlers at airports, etc. aren't going to give it a second glance (not that I'd fly without it in my actual posession -- what would I do during the flight?). The structural protection it provides is nice, but it's mostly a bonus.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote