View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 01:19 PM   #8
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Do you have the Kindle App closed on your iPad when transfering? Some reported that the book didn't show up if the App was open. I think they needed to restart their phone. I've never had that problem. Do you get a circle with a slash or anything when trying to transfer? Did you scroll down in the ebook folder. The Amazon books all start with a B and then numbers, maybe your book is further down after the B's. What does the icon change to when trying to drag over?

Hopefully someone will have the answer.

Carol
I just tried again and checked to make sure the kindle app was closed (even from the recent apps dock at the bottom). It def isn't copying. It is not an amazon book, so I have it saved with the actual title. I tried with other books as well and none of them would copy.

BUT I did figure out that while I can't drag and drop from calibre directly into DiskAid....I can drag and drop onto my desktop...and then drag and drop into DiskAid. So that saves me the step of having to go through iTunes at all

Now that I am typing this, I wonder if it has something to do with the fact that Calibre is installed on an external hard drive. Hmmmmm

I am happy with the drag to desktop, then drag to diskaid work around. It's not much trouble, and MUCH easier than itunes.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Hopefully this will help someone else if they ever run into a similar issue.
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote