View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 04:16 AM   #13
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayamauro View Post
I was asking also because I just bought a silicone case and I was wondering if they are safe or not. I mean, would it build heat around it or something while reading it?
They are safe considering heat.
But they are designed mainly for protecting the housing against scratches.
It probably also protects when dropping the unit.
But the screen isn't protected against pressure.
When transporting the reader in your suitcase or backpack, I don't think the silicon cases really will protect the unit.

I've got the polycarbonat case for Kindle 2. Great for holding the reader in your hand. More or loss the same dimensions as the "naked" reader. It's very robust, but still no solution for the screen, which is the most "vulnerable" part of the reader.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote