View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1242 View Post
I guess then it's a little less down to actual performance and more about things like battery and convenience

But correct me if I'm wrong. I've always assumed that an eInk device redraws the cover and that's the end of it until it has to redraw something new. Would that then not mean it wouldn't use power to keep it displayed.
Although I could be very wrong.
You are correct. Once the eInk screen is drawn, it takes no power to maintain it's state.

Personally, I prefer keeping my sideloaded books on an SD card. I have had to do quite a few factory resets when playing with sideloaded firmware, plugins and other fun items and it's just easier to pull the SD card and then replace it after I feel I'm at a stable state.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote