View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 08:57 PM   #92
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
I'm not sure why you're making it your crusade to keep lecturing people on this topic. As I said in another thread where someone did the same thing about people asking for custom fonts in the Kindle.. people can make an informed choice and be aware of a device's limitations, and still ask for changes. Clearly change is possible, perhaps through firmware or perhaps in a different device. Maybe mobi just cannot deal with page numbers, but it's important for people to make it clear that this is a feature they really want. People thought all the complaints about the no update for Sony PRS-500 fell on deaf ears.. Well, they didn't.

I'm very happy with my choice of device (Sony PRS-505) and I LOVE its page numbers features. But if the hack weren't available to put my own fonts in, I would have had to go with the Cybook because I need to be able to read non-English documents, and I absolutely detest the default font (TNR) rendered on ebook readers. I still hope that Sony will in the future add custom fonts.

So the Cybook Gen3 people want page numbers. Why do you have to keep on repeating in such a patronizing tone that they bought the wrong device? They didn't say they didn't like everything about the Cybook. Clearly the Cybook does certain things better than the Sony. Let them be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
People, let me say this ONE MORE TIME! If you really want working page numbers, then you bought the wroing device. The Gen3 is not for you. It may never have properly working page numbers. Instead you shhould have boughta Sony Reader PRS-505. It has working page numbers. Now you know Mobipocket has bug(s) with page numbers. So give it a rest. Either you want to stick with your Gen3 and non-working page numbers, or you want to go with Sony for working page numbers. It's that simple.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote