View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:37 AM   #119
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
E-Reading is not dying at all. People are just shifting to multifunction devices which shows a reduction in new dedicated e-readers being bought.

But ebook sales are still strong.

I read voraciously and go through a LOT of ebooks in a year. My e-reader of choice? The Samsung Galaxy Note - a 5.3" screen phone/tablet. While it may not have the battery life of e-ink readers, it is the tool that is always with me, so it is my go-to for reading. Bright sunlight isn't an issue as I don't like to read in the sun anyway - I never used to read print books in the sun either. When I am outdoors in the sun, I enjoy the outdoors.

My phone/tablet isn't a distraction. I don't have notifications turned on for email, etc. When I read on it, I just read.

And I don't watch Honey Boo. The generalization of the education and literacy of tablet users vs e-readers is just a useless hook put out there by media to generate views.

We all love ebooks. The device we choose to read them on is up to us. There is no one right e-reader for everyone.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote