View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:51 PM   #118
Lutraa
Well Read
Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lutraa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, K4B, Nook HD+, Galaxy S3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward M. Grant View Post
And, for those of us who mostly read fiction, colour is almost irrelevant.
The only time I use my smartphone for ebook reading is for short periods, e.g. over a solitary meal, reading a magazine (The Atlantic, which has some, but not many, photos, cartoons, and illustrations).

Not only is color irrelevant to my fiction reading, but I think it might interfere with my brain's ability to conjure up images based on the subjects and settings described in the book. If I am looking at a detailed image with my eyes, the part of my brain that creates mental images based on language (spoken or read) turns off. I'm sure I'm not the only reader who has been dismayed when the movie or TV adaptation of a favorite book supplants the version I'd created all by myself in my mind.
Lutraa is offline   Reply With Quote