View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #116
RoseWolf95
RoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the roughRoseWolf95 is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS-650 (J)
I would strongly disagree that ereaders are dying. I would argue quite the contrary. Ereaders are everywhere; in your laptop, your smartphone, your tablet. The essence of the ereader has become omnipresent, and those who are going to read will, while those who won't, as normal, won't.

Dedicated eraeders though, yeah. I can see that decline. I love the concept of eInk though, and would love to see it perhaps incorporated into phones and tablets. Can you imagine having an entire eInk screen as the back of your tablet, so you could have a dedicated ereader when you want it, as well as dozens of other uses?

And I'd also disagree that smartphones and tablets are 'less cultured'. They can do basically everything, and are capable of the, ah, full spectrum of culture.
RoseWolf95 is offline   Reply With Quote