View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 PM   #109
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
... until tablets solve the weight issue and have better battery length.
And the size issue. I wouldn't think of dragging a tablet out with me wherever I go, it's far too bulky. But a 5" e-ink reader that I can slip in my pocket, I don't leave the house without it.

But I really have no need for a tablet either. 3 desktop PCs and a 10" netbook are more than I need at home, and a phone with a data plan is more than I need just running around the city. Longer stays anywhere for anything more than 1 day, my netbook also gets packed and fills in any gaps for me perfectly.

Nor do I want the distractions while reading, I love getting lost completely in a book, same as you would with a paper book. My 350s don't have internet access at all in fact, and I love that about it. I prefer buying and sorting all my books in one place, on my main PC.

So I'm one that will always prefer a dedicated reader over any of the other all-purpose toys.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote