View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:57 AM   #6
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadioflex View Post
Just compare the attention you can get putting a video of your cat on Youtube, compared with spending two years writing and editing a novel. Orange and lemons but there's only so much time to go around.
I don't think it's a valid comparison. I wouldn't spend money to view the cat video, and I definitely wouldn't spend eight hours of my life viewing the video.

Cat videos are lame anyway. I realise this forum is infested with cat owners (the feline critters being the infestation, not the owners, I hasten to clarify), but yeah, cats are lazy, arrogant, disloyal and lame, and shamelessly exploit their supposed cuteness to beguile people unwise enough to actually want to care for the ungrateful ****s. Their appeal probably lies in-part in the fact that they're low-maintenance (read as: Cats spend all day lying around and getting fat, and owners needn't undertake the exercise they'd get if they were properly caring for an awesome pet like a dog, unless of course if the owners were incapacitated in some way, in which case I empathise and understand the need for quiet companionship. Well, I suppose I did manage to insult *some* of the owners this time ).

No, no cat videos. We need something actually funny to make this improper comparison with.

Lets say that there's place in this world for both novels and "man gets hit in groin by football".

Last edited by howyoudoin; 03-05-2012 at 12:01 PM.
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote