Thread: PRS-T2 PRS-T2
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 08:15 PM   #396
ppawel
ppawel began at the beginning.

Device: Opus
Does *anyone* like the PRS-T2?

Being a PRS-T1 owner of less than a year, I must admit that I was tempted by the prospect of a brighter screen, longer battery life, etc.. BUT -- I did check out a display model at a local Sony store and I must say that it gave me pause. Ghosting seemed quite evident, more so than what I see on my T1 (although maybe this was magnified by the bright store lights). The screen didn't seem *that* much different than my T1, perhaps a bit lighter. For sure I didn't like the font rendering compared to my T1 - this has been addressed here before, and I think that's a valid concern.

On the positive side, the display unit was *very* responsive - page turns and refreshes seemed much faster than my T1.

But the big negative has to be the buttons. I really disliked the feel of them and their positioning.

The FB and Evernote functionality is interesting, but to my mind that doesn't tip the balance towards the positive. My overall assessment was negative.

Looks like I'll be sticking with my T1 and will wait and see what Sony has to offer for their next model. I really want to stick with Sony since I'm primarily an ePub user, but the T2 was not at all compelling to me. I might consider it if it ever gets deeply discounted.
ppawel is offline   Reply With Quote