View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #109
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziegl027 View Post
Yes, I was fully aware of the deficiencies in the DX when I bought it. And it's not a deal-breaker for me. BUT, I do think Amazon is foolish for not having the K3's capabilities of PDF manipulation on a device that is 1) more expensive 2) more suitable for PDF viewing due to its larger size.

I would love to "look elsewhere" but there just isn't another larger-screen e-ink device extant at this point...
I, too would happily retire my DXG, if there was something to replace it with. Unless you want to lug around a enTourage eDGe, there's no other currently produced large screen e-ink device (though, iRex gave it a brief try). It's terribly frustrating to have this big, beautiful screen and not be able to perform the basic functions that _every_ small-screen e-ink reader with PDF support can do.

It's like Kindle DXG is the smartest kid in the class who won't do his homework - a lot of wasted of potential. Extending that analogy, the Kindle 3 is the kid who gets an A on all the homework, but fails to apply theory to practical use.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote