Thread: margin: 0 auto;
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #16
EricDP
Groupie
EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EricDP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, BlackBerry
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
Have you tried that on any ADE based ereader?
I've tried it in ADE on my laptop. That's the closest thing to a reader that I have right now.

Quote:
I didn't think inline-block was supported in epubs.
Argh! Reviewing the standard, it looks like you're right. I have too much CSS/XHTML history that I need to break out of and get used to this limited set.

Anyhow, it works in ADE for now... But I will try using another display form to see if I can replicate this in a way that conforms to the standard (even though none of the readers do!!).

Quote:
And how did you center the outside block without auto margins?
The outer block isn't actually centered - it's just a block of centered 'text' using 'text-align: center'. Then the inline-block becomes the only 'character' of text. An inline-block is basically a block of anything that flows 'inline' as if it were just another piece of text. I wonder if just doing 'display: inline' will work?

I will try when I get home - if it works, I'll post the new code. If not, I'll post the old (works but not standard) code.
EricDP is offline   Reply With Quote