View Single Post
Old 02-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #62
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggleton View Post
Why not simply give them access to the entire library and raise their parent's property taxes a bit?
I have a radical new idea for you. Instead of raising taxes and creating another big brother agency that will distribute funds to authors according to who is on the favorites list of those who are in power at the moment --- why not pay authors directly and thereby support those we think are "worthy"?

I know it is a mind boggling concept, a system where we all get to vote directly for our personal favorites by buying their books (new or second hand) or checking them out from a library. Maybe I am too far ahead of our time for you to comprehend this idea.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote