View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #34
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth79 View Post

Thanks, the "free nook books" brings up a quite decent selection, all with good covers, but the "filter: free only" at kobo is a lot more intuitive... but then, I've been finding stuff for mum's Kobo for a lot longer than I've been checking out Nook / B&N. Actually, just FREE on its own seems to be enough to get into the free catalog.

It seems that getting to a specific book (is there a free version) is more awkward though - if you add FREE, it mucks up the search, or if you sort low to high, it brins up a lot of junk.

Oh yes, native format - EPUB (non-DRM, their DRM & ADE?), so for a Kobo freebie, double up & download the EPUB.

And they got rid of the hidden browser (removed in 1.1, don't suppose it came back in 1.2.1) - blimey, there's be outcry if Kobo did that, as it's so handy.
I agree there is a lot of "junk" and it does help if you know title or author. You need some way to break down 1,800,000 free titles.

Yes, ADE epubs work fine on NST.

Don't forget to check your local library for ebooks ... free free.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote