View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 09:14 PM   #15
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
I'm a recent convert to e-ink, though I don't have any problem reading on LCD (I've done all my e-reading until now on it). I just wanted more screen state and, sure enough, have a taste of that glareless blue sky reading.

The fun thing is that the glare on LCD's is not a fault of LCD screens: indeed one of the strong points in favor of LCD for TV screens rather than Plasma is that it is mostly matte and glareless. In mobile devices though they have that capacitive touch screen on top of the LCD and they protect it with a glass surface. Bummer for outside reading, no matter how much flashlight you throw at your eyes.

I do remind now the countless times I've read on the smartphone before sleeping. I then resorted to night vision mode which would mean instead of having a flashlight throwing letters from a transparency onto your eyes, you'd get instead fiery letters over a sinister-coal surface. Worked well enough for Lovecraft's stories.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote