View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012, 07:58 AM   #19
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
I'd *like* to read more in French, primarily to keep my language skills up, but it's hard to find good material. I would love to learn more about Quebecois fiction, but the ebooks are not available. For instance, there was one year where the CBC Radio Canada Reads series picked a French author, and Kobo only had the English version of the book. That is one instance where I would have chosen the French if it was available.

So if I do want to read in French, it's all stuff like Dumas and Verne off Project Gutenberg----and that makes it less 'fun reading' and more 'language exercise' to me since I have read most of that in English already. If someone could point me to a webpage which lists, say, 25 great Quebecois novels with links to purchase ebooks, I'd love it. But so far, no luck
ficbot is offline   Reply With Quote