View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
Krystl
Connoisseur
Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Krystl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-t1
Creating Dictionary in Epub

I searched the site here, but did not find a direct answer to my question:

Is it possible to create a "dictionary" format in epub (for sony reader) with a look-up function (using i.e. wordsearch). It does not have to connect to documents or be used from inside a different book--it would "stand alone" as a reference book. I have several personal, homemade "in house-dictionaries" with unique language needed for projects and would like to have them in my reader for more convenient transportation.

I have read that mobi has a "dictionary" format that can be used. Is there something similar for epub or a work-around?

I have considered just saving them into "A6 format" pdfs (is that the correct size? from what I read it is) hyperlinking the letters (as chapters), but the idea of a usable search would just be too perfect.
Is there a better option? Has anyone done this? (the dual column is what throws me--formatting is important here) Can anyone point me in the correct direction?

Ideas? Thank you for any information available.
Krystl is offline   Reply With Quote