View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 05:21 PM   #56
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Yep, we have to follow other people's mistakes instead, who won't even admit that they are mistakes, 'cause they're on top....

No, because of it's previous independence. And you might discuss being a culture and a people vis a vis being an independent country with Poles and Balts.....

Besides, the issue of legal secession from the United States has never been address in a legal sense. Look up Lincoln's response to Fort Sumner's attack. There's nothing in the constitution that forbids secession, any more than there is anything in the constitution that defines what a living being is.

Not Sumner .... although there is a Fort Sumner. I think you mean Fort Sumter.

And you are correct, there is nothing in the Constitution with regard to the right of one or more States to secede from the United States. In point of fact, the South was within its rights to do so.

Also worth noting, is that there is much taught about the American Civil War that is simply dead wrong. Every time I hear that "Lincoln freed the slaves" crap, I just cringe.

But, oh well .... there's no bucking the ability of American schools to do a really rotten job of teaching.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote