View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 04:46 AM   #398
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
I have an Icarus coming soon, and wanted to know the best Android reader to use on it. My wishlist is:

- Calibre integration. I buy from a number of sources and consolidate and manage my ebook library using Calibre.
- Ability to browse by author as well as by title. By this, I mean to display a list of authors which will click-through to a list of titles by that author.
- Displays series information without having to hack titles. (Remembering series order is not easy!)
- Collections support - I have Calibre set up to automatically manage collections on my Kobo Touch (when I can persuade Calibre and the Mac to talk to the Touch), and would like to continue this arrangement.
- Integration with LibraryThing - i.e. the ability to display my LT catalogue when offline (second-hand bookstores etc). This isn't too necessary as I have access to an app that does that, but it would be nice as I have to sideload the app and I don't think it's being updated anymore.
- SD card support - I'll be storing my library on a 32 Gb SD card and using a card reader to transfer book files from iCloud.

I used to read on my Nexus 7, and used FBReader linked into my library stored into my Dropbox account. However, my library has expanded enough that I now use iCloud which I hope won't be a problem.

Any suggestions?
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote