View Single Post
Old 09-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #27
wayspooled
Crab In The Dark
wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayspooled ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tablet PC until a 10" comes out that I like
I haven't read the Erikson. I'd do Jordan first. He's the best world painter, the least dreary, to me the most literate. Goodkind is a bit pervy with all the torture and it gets progressively worse until I finally gave up, wondering how bad he was gonna get with it. Martin, well he's a good world builder too but 2nd to Jordan and I get tired of EVERYBODY dying (or so it seems for a long time). And who knows how many years for the next book. He "ain't hasty".

These aren't tomes.
Elizabeth Moon's - The Deed of Paksenarrion
Lawrence Watt-Evans - The Misenchanted Sword
Raymond Feist's - The Riftwar Saga
CJ Cherryh's - The Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Which one of these four series should I start first? Why?

Which one is the most flawed? Why?

Which one is the most literate? Why?

Which one is the most successful? Why?

And finally:

If I wanted to read some Lin Carter-styled fantasies - when books were not tomes and one didn't die of old age waiting for the next volume to come out - what would you suggest I read other than Howard, Moorcock, L. Sprague de Camp, et al.? (Because I've already read them.)

Thanks.
wayspooled is offline   Reply With Quote