View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #48
JDK1962
Groupie
JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (for PDFs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
I didn't "switch" to e-books. I added e-books in addition to paper books.
There's no need to choose between paper books and e-books. You can have both. It's not a marriage. Your e-reader will not be jealous if you continue to read paper books. Your paper books will not go "Fatal Attraction" on you to keep you from e-books.
This. Spot on, QuantumIguana.

I know the OP was trolling, but I'm falling for it anyway. The assumption that somehow one's mode of reading is a zero-sum game is, frankly, pretty ignorant. Which is OK, since being ignorant is apparently a right people have, but taking pride in being willfully ignorant?

I'm relatively new to e-reading--only two years along--but I've been pleasantly surprised at the value it's added to my life: reading long-form online materials on a friendlier display via Instapaper, access to PD books, access to my library's eBook collection, ease of access to my personal collection, etc. It's a cliche to say so, but I'm reading more since buying my Kindle (and I read a heck of a lot before I bought it).

And strangely enough, I've kept my lifelong love of physical books, and still haunt retail and used book stores, and my local thrift stores, for still more books.
JDK1962 is offline   Reply With Quote