View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 PM   #53
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor514ce View Post
I started reading Stirling with a book about an alternate universe California, not part of either/any series, and I liked it, and hoped the other books he'd written would be as good. They weren't.
I know Steve slightly, and he's a nice enough chap, but I understand your point about unsympathetic characters.

I recently finished a batch of collaborations Stirling did with David Drake. I enjoyed them (though with some technical reservations), and didn't find the protagonists unlikeable, but I suspect that was Drake's doing rather than Stirling's.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote